Ever wanted to venture further with your photography and new cultural experiences? Our Japan Photography Tour gives you the chance to capture the colour and movement of a unique country while experiencing the sights.
Autumn: Oct 27- Nov 4 (9 Days)
3 - 6 people maximum, led by Alfonso Calero - fluent in Japanese, pro photographer, tutor and guide.
Ever wanted to venture further with your photography and new cultural experiences? Our Japan Photography Tour gives you the chance to capture the colour and movement of a unique country while experiencing the sights with an experienced, Japanese speaker, guide and instructor with professional photographer Alfonso Calero.
We will learn:
- Master Composition & Manual Settings
- Advanced Editing Techniques
- Landscape Photography
- Seascape Photography
- Waterfall Photography
- Very small group
- Learn at your own pace one on one
- Hand-picked BEST locations
- Led by an experienced photographer/guide/tutor fluent in Japanese
- Truly authentic travel experience - a trip of lifetime!
- Abstract Landscapes & Nature
- Autumn Leaves
USD$ 4999 twin share
USD$ 5499 single room
- 8 nights Accommodation
- 8 Breakfasts, Lunches & Dinners
- Japan Rail Pass
- Mini Van Transport
- All Tuition (6 hours per day), translating, photography, tour-guiding
- International Flights
- Entrance Fees
- Travel Insurance
- Day 0 & Day 10 Tokyo Accommodation.
What to Bring: Photographic & General Gear
- DSLR or hybrid mirrorless digital camera
- Lens 24-70mm range & 70-400mm range
- Tripod & Cable Release
- Dependable Portable External Drive
- Laptop and power supply
- Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop
- ND Variable Filter (up to 10 stops)
- Up to 20 kg luggage and appropriate warm clothing (Gloves, Binnie, Snow Boots, Down jacket). Average temp 2-15 degrees celsius.
Northern Honshu is also known as the Tohoku region. We will focus on 3 prefectures of Aomori, Akita and Iwate. The itinerary offers a mix of waterfalls, mountain views, lakes, hot springs, rivers, gorges & seascapes all with the aim of capturing autumn colours at their best from north to south. We will stay 9 nights in 4 locations: Lake Towada, Mt. Hachimantai, Kakunodate Samurai Village & Jodogahama Beach. All perfectly nestled exactly where we need to be for early morning and sunset shoots daily.
Day 0 Starts at our hotel in Ueno, Tokyo where we will meet the night before our journey to have dinner and prepare for the trip of a lifetime.
Day 1 We depart 10am from Ueno Station to catch our bullet train (Shinkansen) to Hachinohe Station way up north in Aomori prefecture. Running at a top speed of 320 km/hour, the award for the fastest train in Japan belongs to the Hayabusa
Day 2 Oct 27 - Lake Towada, Aomori - Pond & Mountains
Day 3 Oct 28 - Oirase, Aomori - Lakes & River Gorge.
Day 4 Oct 29 - Hachimantai - Hotsprings & River
Day 5 Oct 30 - Hachimantai, Akita - Waterfalls & River
Day 6 Oct 31 - Kakunodate, Akita - River Gorge & Mountains Day 7 Nov 1 - Kakunodate, Akita - Samurai Village
Day 8 Nov 2 - Jodogahama Seascapes
Day 9 Nov 3 - Jodogahama, Iwate (Sanriku Coast) Seascapes
Day 10 Nov 4 - Jodogama - Tokyo
Deposit and Cancellation Policy (per person)
- A deposit of $US1000 per person is required to secure booking
- Via Bank Transfer
- Cancellation More than 120 days before a trip: 100% refund of deposit.
- Cancellation Between 120 and 30 days: 50% refund
- Cancellation Less than 30 days: 0% refund
- Final payment is due 120 days before the workshop/trip starts.