Japan Autumn Photo Tour - Ever wanted to venture further with your photography and new cultural experiences? Our Japan Photography Tour gives you the chance to capture the colour and movement of a unique country while experiencing the sights.
Autumn Dates: Nov 19 - Nov 28
2 min & 6 max, led by Alfonso Calero - fluent in Japanese, photographer, tutor and guide.
US$3999 twin share
US$4599 single room
- All ground transport (Japan Rail Pass)
- All 3.5 Star Accommodation for 9 nights
- All Tuition (6 hours per day), translating, photography, tour-guiding
- Luggage Delivery x 2
- All Breakfasts
- International Flights and International Hotel Transfers
- Local Transport (i.e. taxis & hire car)
- Lunches and Dinners
- Entrance Fees
- Travel Insurance
International flights should be booked separately once your Tour booking is confirmed.
What to Bring: Photographic & General Gear
- DSLR or hybrid mirrorless digital camera
- Lens 24-70mm range
- Tripod & Cable Release
- Dependable Portable External Drive
- Laptop and power supply
- Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop
- ND Variable Filter
- Up to 20 kg luggage and appropriate clothing
- Moderate Level of Fitness is required with around 10,000-20,000 steps a day (2-4hrs)
Day 1 - Ueno, Tokyo Morning Departure for Mt. Fuji 2 nights stay.
Day 1 & 2 - Mt. Fuji
Travel after peak hour at 10am from Ueno Station in Tokyo. Shoot at Lake Kawaguchi from mid-afternoon to early evening. Next morning shoot at Chureito Pagoda. Back to to hotel for breakfast and checkout for travel to Kyoto.
While in this area we will hire a car for the night which will give us quick access to many of the lake with fabulous views of Mt. Fuji.
Highlights will include Shiraito Falls, Lakes Saiko & Yamanakako. Weather permitting our two night stay will give us many chances to photograph Mt. Fuji which can sometimes be covered with cloud.
Day 3, 4 & 5 Kyoto for 3 nights of temple/shrine hopping and gardens of Zen
Highlights include Fushimi Inari (Orange Gates), Bamboo Grove in Arashiyama and the Golden Temple. There will be loads of opportunities to also shoot street portraits and if we are a lucky we can meet a Geisha.
Day 6 & 7 - Kanazawa (Gardens & Castles) 2 nights stay.
The tea district and Kenrokuen gardens are two of the best spots for photography. Another must see destination is the fish market in the heart of the city. Unlike Tokyo fish market it is easier to photograph and the array of seafood from the Japan sea can be sampled for breakfast or lunch.
Day 8 - Ainokura Village (Traditional Farmhouse) 1 nights stay.
The Unesco heritage village will be our stop for the night staying in a 250 year old farmhouse in traditional accommodation. This will be a truly unique experience.
Day 9 - 1 nights stay Nagano city. After we drop off our bag in Nagano City we will catch a late morning bus to Monkey Park and catch a train back to Nagano city from Yudanaka.
Day 9 - On our way back from Yudanaka Station we might get a free Japanese Archery demonstration from my friend. Final dinner in Nagano City.
Day 10 - On Our final day we will explore Nagano City's Zenkouji Temple to end with a blessing and a safe journey back to Tokyo at lunch time.
Ever wanted to venture further with your photography and new cultural experiences? Our Japan Photography Tour gives you the chance to capture the colour and movement of a unique country while experiencing the sights with an experienced, Japanese speaker, guide and instructor with professional photographer Alfonso Calero.
We will learn:
- Master Composition & Manual Settings
- Advanced Editing Techniques
- Landscape Photography
- Street Portrait Photography
- Architectural Photography
Deposit and Cancellation Policy (per person)
- A deposit of $US1000 per person is required to secure booking
- Via Bank Transfer
- Cancellation More than 120 days before a trip: 100% refund of deposit.
- Cancellation Between 120 and 30 days: 50% refund
- Cancellation Less than 30 days: 0% refund
- Final payment is due 120 days before the workshop/trip starts.
- Riding a Japanese bullet train
- Visiting the famous Inari Shrine
- Staying in traditional accommodation - a 250 year old farmhouse!
- Seeing and photographing Nagano snow monkeys
- Going to a bamboo grove
- Sample fresh Japanese seafood and sushi from the fish market
- Very small group
- Learn at your own pace one on one
- Hand-picked BEST locations
- Led by an experienced photographer/guide/tutor fluent in Japanese
- Truly authentic travel experience - a trip of lifetime!