Northern Spain Photo Tour - Immerse yourself in Spanish culture. North or South Spain are both very uniquely different experiences. Landscapes, Modern Architecture & Street Portraits are the focus of this photo tour.
Dates: Sept 23 - Oct 2
2 - 4 people max
Led by Alfonso Calero - Fluent in Spanish, photographer, tutor and guide (Date Requests Accepted)
- All ground transport
- All 3.5 Star Accommodation
- All Tuition (6 hours per day), translating, driving, photography, tour-guiding
- All Breakfasts
- International Flights and International Hotel Transfers
- Lunches and Dinners
- Entrance Fees
- Travel Insurance
- Tips & local transport
International flights should be booked separately once your Tour booking is confirmed.
What to Bring: Photographic & General Gear
- DSLR or hybrid digital camera
- Lens 24-70mm range
- Tripod & Cable Release
- Dependable Portable External Drive
- Laptop and power supply
- Adobe Lightroom
- Up to 20 kg luggage and appropriate clothing
- Moderate Level of Fitness is required with around 10,000 steps a day (2 hrs)
Day 1 - Madrid Photo Walk - Highlights include museums, the best tapas bars, Iconic Heritage Buildings and Botanical Gardens.
Day 2 - Drive to the Asturian Coastline to explore the sleepy fishing villages and hidden rustic beaches. Luarca will be our base for two nights for our daily sunrise and sunset shoots at nearby hidden coves. There are more than two hundred beaches, of all sorts and kinds: large and small sandy beaches, pebble beaches and hidden coves. Each and every one has a charm of its own and, depending on its characteristics. Three hundred and forty-five kilometres of coast in Asturias where travellers can fully enjoy this delightful diversity.
Day 3 - Luarca (Seascapes) Sunset/Dusk & Dawn Sunrise. There are eighteen fishing villages in all, dotting the entire Asturian coast. They all have the appeal of fishing towns and villages with their old quarters, restaurants and cider taverns serving seafood cuisine, their promenades, harbours, beaches, cliffs and sea views. They offer up charming surprises at every turn along the Asturian coastal strip, providing many lasting memories.
Day 4 - For our next two nights Llanes is a fishing town located in eastern Asturias. Medieval in origin, it has been an important fishing port throughout history and still conserves an interesting old quarter where tourists can find all kinds of shops and restaurants. Quite active culturally, Llanes preserves very striking traditional festivities.
Day 5 - Llanes (Seascapes) Sunset/Dusk & Dawn Sunrise.
Day 6 - After a sunrise shoot we will stop in at the Guggenheim Museum to capture the architectural genius of Frank Gerry. After lunch we will drive to San Sebastian. Our base will be in the heart of the Old Town to devour Pintxos (Tapas) & Beach Walks for the next two days.
Day 7 - San Sebastian is the home of Pintxos (Tapas) and exquisite cuisine. La Concha is the main beach.
Day 8 - Burgos, a provincial capital in Spain’s autonomous community of Castile and León, is marked by its intact medieval architecture. Its most recognizable landmark is the French Gothic Cathedral of St. Mary, whose 3 main doorways are flanked by ornamented bell towers. Inside is the Chapel of Condestable, decorated with figures of saints, and the tomb of El Cid (Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar), the 11th-century military commander.
Day 9 - Toledo is an ancient city set on a hill above the plains of Castilla-La Mancha in central Spain. The capital of the region, it’s known for the medieval Arab, Jewish and Christian monuments in its walled old city. It was also the former home of Mannerist painter El Greco. The Moorish Bisagra Gate and the Sol Gate, in Mudéjar style, open into the old quarter, where the Plaza de Zocodover is a lively meeting place.
Day 10 - On our final day we will rise early for a sunrise shot overlooking Toledo from across the river followed by a late morning checkout and leisurely drive back to Madrid.
Ever wanted to venture further with your photography and new cultural experiences? Our Spain Photography Tour gives you the chance to capture the colour and movement of a unique country while experiencing the sights with an experienced, Spanish speaking, guide, instructor and professional photographer Alfonso Calero.
We will learn:
- Master Composition
- Street Portraiture
- Landscape & Seascape Photography
- Long Exposure
- Advanced Editing Techniques
Deposit and Cancellation Policy (per person)
- A deposit of $US1000 per person is required to secure booking
- Via Bank Transfer
- Cancellation More than 120 days before a trip: 100% refund of deposit.
- Cancellation Between 120 and 30 days: 50% refund
- Cancellation Less than 30 days: 0% refund
- Final payment is due 120 days before the workshop/trip starts.
- Very small group
- Learn at your own pace one on one
- Hand-picked BEST locations
- Led by an experienced photographer/guide/tutor fluent in Spanish
- Truly authentic travel experience - a trip of lifetime!
- A lot of unplanned photo walks can lead to amazing photo opportunities.
- Heavily researched locations through years of travelling.
- local knowledge and local contacts
- Tapas in Madrid & Pintxos in the Basque Country
- Rustic windswept fishing towns
- Gypsy Street Portaits
- Romanic Architecture
- El Camino Trails
- Abandoned Mountain Villages