Tasmania Photo Tour - Yes, I know it's not an International destination! Once you land on the apple isle it sure feels like you are off the grid. Explore the best of Tasmania North, South & East. Choose from Autumn, Summer or Spring.
Autumn Dates: May 1 - 7 ( Includes Mushroom Caves)
Summer Dates: Jan 08 - 14 ( Includes Lavender Fields)
Spring Dates: Oct 08 - 14 (Includes Tulip Farms)
4 People maximum led by Alfonso Calero - photographer, tutor and guide.
- All ground transport
- All 3.5 Star Accommodation
- All Tuition (6 hours per day), photography, tour-guiding & driving
- Flights and Hotel Transfers
- All Meals
- Entrance Fees
- Travel Insurance
Flights should be booked separately once your Tour booking is confirmed.
Day 1 - Launceston Airport to Cradle Mountain National Park, Dove Lake Afternoon/Evening Shoot. The many moods of the lake along with the boat shed can be our focus for our first of many shoots in this Jurassic Mountain-Scape. The Dolorite Geology and changing textures of flora are always different in each season.
Day 2 - Sunrise Shoot, Editing & Day Walk to Crater Lake. With our head lamps on at the crack of the sparrows fart we will awaken with a glorious sunrise. The stillness of the lake and the dramatic skies always promises to be a relaxing and memorable experience. The surrounding fauna and streams along the 2 hour bush walk are perfect for a long exposure.
Day 3 - Arthur's Lake Afternoon/Evening Shoot + Editing. Also know as the drowned forest. This place nestled up in the highland lakes offers a unique landscape. An anglers paradise for trout fishing. Hydro Tasmania pumps water from these lakes back to the mainland. The eerie melancholic look of the Gum trees and the calm water contrast for the ultimate slow shutter shot.
Day 4 - Arthur's Lake Sunrise Shoot + Freycinet National Park Afternoon/Evening Shoot. At Coles Bay in Freycinet Lodge the jetty works well for a sunset shoot. If we are lucky with clear skies we may even catch a Milky Way Shot.
Day 5 - Sunrise Sleepy Bay + Bicheno Afternoon/Evening Shoot Ferry Pengiuns. Like most sunrise shoots we will have a look at good vantage points the day before during the day so we don't for the perfect spot in the dark. Good non slip shoes and sturdy tripod work best in these situations. Scouting the exact spot and knowing our terrain will be very helpful.
Day 6 - Drive to New Norfolk & Russell Falls at Mt. Field National Park. In Autumn the poplar trees go a canary yellow colour. The moss and fungi are plentiful so a macro lens can come in handy for those close up shots in the deep forest or caves.
Day 7 - Horseshoe Falls morning shoot, Mt. Field National Park. Late Afternoon Departure to Hobart Airport. To finish our last shot will be a short hike up to the falls and streams. The cascading ferns and emerald green moss will be our final re-charge.
- Very small group
- Learn at your own pace one on one
- Hand-picked BEST locations
- Led by an experienced photographer/guide/tutor - Alfonso Calero
- Truly authentic travel experience - a trip of lifetime!
- Watching the sunset at Freycinet Lodge Jetty
- Visiting the moss forest and photographing Waterfalls at Mt. Field National Park
- Exploring the romance of an abandoned Oast House
- Seeing and photographing ferry penguins at Bicheno.
- Discover why the Drowned forest of Arthurs Lake is an anglers paradise
- Chasing the Milky Way and the crystal clear nights for astrophotography.
If you love travel and photography, our Tasmania Photography Tour is a chance to experience some of the world's most spectacular landscapes while learning to photograph it.
We will learn:
- Master Composition
- Landscape Photography
- Seascape Photography
- Waterfall Photography
- Advanced Editing Techniques
Deposit and Cancellation Policy (per person)
- A deposit of $AUD500 per person is required to secure booking
- Cancellation More than 120 days before a trip: 100% refund
- Cancellation Between 120 and 30 days: 50% refund
- Cancellation Less than 30 days: 0% refund
- Final payment is due 120 days before the workshop/trip starts.
What to Bring: Photographic & General Gear
- DSLR or hybrid digital camera
- Wide angle lens 18-24mm range
- Tripod & Cable Release
- Dependable Portable External Drive
- Laptop and power supply
- Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop
- ND Variable Filter 10 stops
- Up to 20 kg luggage and appropriate clothing
- Moderate Level of Fitness is required with around 10,000-20,000 steps a day (2-4hrs) and uneven surfaces